“I tried to paint on canva : fists were paintbrushes & blood was oil.”
This piece is actually my first performance. My aim was to use my body as it really is : a material. So I fused a canva and a piece of waterproof fabric wherein I cut up a circle.
In that way, all I had to do was to hit the canvas with my fists, as hard as possible to paint the circle with my blood. I choose the geometrical form of the circle because in this work, I wanted to show what Man is able to do : From his most vulgar impulses like violence, up to his the most complex reasoning ability.
I did it during five minutes, I hit the canvas 569 times. I recorded it with a camera.
To my mind, that is what differentiates humans from animals : The competence of thinking before acting and to not yield to the most devouring impulses. I think this is why the Human is so tortured : He is without-cease tug between impulses and Reason.
Picture #1 : My fists some hours after the performance
Picture #2 : My fists two weeks later.
Pictures #3,4,5,6 & 7 : Some frame from the video recording I’ve made.
Picture #8 : The final object.
Leonardo DiCaprio’s Filmography So Far
so last night i was laying in bed opening my chakras, like i do every night before i go to bed, and usually when i try to open my crown chakra i get a very bad headache and have to close it. but last night when i went to open it, i had no headache! and it was the most amazing…
1. You taught me how to stop the bleeding from my writs but I’m still not sure what to do on those nights when my heart splits in half and blood starts spilling out and I get so sad that I can’t breathe
2. You wrote your name on the wall next to my bed so that you’d be my last thought before I fell asleep and my first thought in the morning. You’re all I can think about no matter. I wish my mom would let me paint over that spot
3. My mom ran into my room and asked me why I was screaming your name in my sleep.
4. I’ve started sleeping on my floor. You’ve poisoned my bed. It’s just empty sheets and memories. I swear to god I can hear your laugh when I pull the covers over my head. I think I’m going crazy.
5. Yesterday someone asked me where I see myself in ten years and the only places I could see myself were in your arms or dead. I’m nothing without you and it’s making me sick because fuck that. I wanna be my own person. I wanna be strong. I wanna be happy. I don’t need you. But you’ve worked your way inside my veins and ripped them open one by one and you’re the only one who knows how to sew them up the right way.
6. Maybe if I cry enough I’ll drown
7. We haven’t spoken in a while but I still talk to you all the time in my head
8. I’m all yours if you’re all mine. I’m all yours even if you’re not.
9. I thought I felt your mouth on mine but it was just blood dripping from my lips again
10. I was dying when you met me. You brought me back to life. I wish you would’ve let me waste away. it would’ve hurt a lot less than this. Anything would hurt less than this."
- 10 texts I wrote out but deleted (via extrasad)
Scott Wood (X)
he motherfucking dropped the truth.
There’s still racism against white people too